1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving on to the hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pio4030, Dec 6, 2003.

1. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

Whenever i burn cd's, dvd's, or anything on my computer, I save to the internal hard drive of my computer? Do any of you guys use external hard drives to save all of your work and to move your stuff from one computer to another? It seems that some do and it is kind of safe because your internal hard drive will not get broken or hacked in. Is this true? And what operating systems do you guys use for all this stuff? Thanks for any input. What hard drives do you recommend?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi pio4030, I just put the files on my internal HD. Its 105 gigs partitioned into C and D drive. my OS (WinXP) is on C so I put all my DVD stuff on D. I don't store them though, I delete or write over them whem Im done with that particular project. Video files can take up a lot of room but some people keep em. They have 200+ gig harddrives though. Im going to use a pair of Westren Digital Raptors 36gig each, 10,000 RPM set up as RAID 0. Then some sort of external HD to back things up with. Thats when I begin building my new computer!
    Frank