1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...saving TV to DVD?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by KaterMurr, May 30, 2004.

1. KaterMurr

KaterMurr Guest

Hello! I have an AverTV card, but I am still at a loss when it comes to recording. I can receive TV on my PC, recording to the Harddrive works fine. But, when I try to record my files to DVD it fails.
    What do I have to do? Do I need different software?
    Could anyone help me?
    Aver really doesn´t help at all.
    Oh, and please forgive me if this has been asked before, I couldn´t find it.

2. NobbyTT

NobbyTT Guest

If the file that is recorded to the hard disk of the computer is an MPG file you can use something like Nero using its startsmart and select DVD - Video DVD - add the files and select the quality and it does everything else.

3. KaterMurr

KaterMurr Guest

Yeah, I did that. But Nero doesn´t recognize the file and says "no compatible file found". I tried to edit the file with Pinnacle 8, too. Didn´t work either.

Otherwise, Nero works fine. I can copy DVDs, I can burn CDs, but burning the file right from the harddrive - that doesn´t work.

Any suggestions? It is the first time I´m trying this out and I´m not sure if I do sth fundamentally wrong, here. Thanks for your help!

4. wadeh

wadeh Member

I'm not familiar with your TV card. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder. I record TV to the hard drive using the Windows Media format instead of MPG. I then use Nero to recode that for DVD burning. It works fine for me. I also set the Windows Media format at the highest possible resolution. Good luck.

5. luxurylap

luxurylap Member

To convert digital TV (DVB) MPEG2 recordings to DVD MPEG2 compatable files you have to run them through pvastrumento or projectX, you can get them over at doom9 along with instructions.

The ATI All-in-wonder card only supports analogue TV which means you can code the signal to whatever you like (eg Windows Media format etc), digital TV cards mearly saved the broadcast mpeg2 stream so this isn't an option I'm afraid, it's mpeg2 or nothing.

6. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

this is to luxurylap i just bought a all in wonder 9600
    what i am asking is i can see the tv on but how do i change channels without watching the same channels that's on the tv. meaning when i configure my system it only finds 1 channel what am i doing wrong