1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

says "play game" .....won't play though

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Ross_350, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Ross_350

Ross_350 Member

Hi,
    First post here but have been linked to this site many times throughout my flashing experience, Which only started the other night when I realised I could get a USB to SATA
    adapter.
    I have a Hitachi 47DJ drive
    I flashed using JungleFlasher 1.78(B183)
    put my drive into Mode B by doing the 2 wire trick.
    computer recognises it fine over the USB2Sata cable and I flashed to (LT+1.1 47)
    spoofed the Key everything seems to have gone fine.
    (done it maybe 6 or 7 times now back and forth between stock and custom to make sure..

It still plays normal games
    But the 2 games I have backups of (Fable 3 & ZUMBA fitness)
    only show that there is a game in the tray at home screen.
    with eject/play and info written below..
    there is no picture shown in the square where the title of a game would normally show though..
    I can select play or eject but the info button (Y) does nothing.
    When I select the play option(X)the screen goes black like a normal game would
    and for the Kinect title it even shows the safety messages normally shown before a normal Kinect game but then the drive starts to spin up and slow down over and over again, then it tells me the disk is unreadable and I should wipe it with a soft cloth.
    I have no other xbox360 to try the games on and don't have backups that someone else has made so it is hard for me to decide whether I haven't flashed the drive properly or haven't burnt the backups properly..

This is getting to be quite a long first post...
    I just want to give as much info as I can.
    which does it seem I am doing wrong
    burning of flashing?
    I have some verbatim Disks ordered.. I know I know they are the best right?
    but even on a middle range DVD-r DL would play wouldn't they ?
    or is that it? Nothing but Verbatim will play?
    any help would be really appreciated
    Thank you

2. hoss69

hoss69 Member

hi ross everyone here says to use verbatim dvd+r dl not dvd-r, i use a cheap media which is wrong of me they are cmc media the cmc works fine just everyone on here says use verbatim to save your laser hope it helps mate cheers!!!!