1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scam experts help please.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nicz888, Jan 16, 2007.

1. nicz888

nicz888 Regular member

will first of all i want to say sorry if i post this in the wrong area.
    my issue is about two months ago i use cragelist to sell my laptop. and as usually i get alot of scam email(you know i live in africa i need this, i need that...) so most of the email ask for my address to send the check. so i did provide them with my real address and name.
    and then about two weeks ago i recieved a check and it was in a very small envelope and it has my address on the on it and no return address. and the check was small too look it something comes out of a printer. so i took the check to bank of america(because it say it say bank of america on the check, i guess that is where the sender has the account. but the check's sender title was like some XXXX trust fund. and some addresss sorry i was too exict to recieved a check)
    so i took the check there and ask the teller lady if the check is good and if so does the account as enough funds. and she says yes and i ask her can i cash it and she said yes. i don't have a band of america checking account but my dad do. but i didn't used my dad.
    so i give them my driver's license and a visa credit card to proof my identity. and after that i got the cash. but until now nobody has email me anything. and i don't even remember who that was the promise me the check, since i got so many scam email.

sorry again, about my english. my worries is there any trouble i will run into in the future. or what are some issue i may face in the future. thanks.

2. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I can help you, but I'll need your credit card number, a $20. deposit to my Bank of America account and your first born.