1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scam?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by andy2000, Jul 21, 2006.

1. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

Im not usually the one to fall for stupid scams and things on the net but I went in a comp a while back and now Ive got a reply from them.

Maybe its just me getting tired or is there some hint of truth in this? Haha, a million dollars, I wish...
    So, is this a scam or not???

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  2. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

I really really doubt that if you won a million dollars they will notify with Email.....They would most likely call you and not just email if you won something....Did you even enter it?

3. colw

colw Active member

come in sucker.

just give them your credit card and bank details, sit back and watch your account evaporate

4. DMW

DMW Regular member

Complete scam in my mind, no doubt at all!

5. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

Forget I ever posted it. I was tired, real tired.

6. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

i got an email just like that

7. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

lol bluray haven't we all....

8. oolala

oolala Member

Hello,
    I'm from China,and I recieved a similar mail too.However I can not connect <link removed> ,so I can't read the terms and the conditions he let me read.I send a mail to <email removed>,and he feedback that I must read the terms and give them my name,Nationality,Country of residence and tel number.
    Could someone goto the url <link removed> and copy the terms for me,thanks.I will check the trick.Be ease,I will not so stupid to give him my account details.
    I wonder that a prize from the heaven exist in the world.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  9. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

Hehe sure, here they are- Terms and conditions (Wheel of Rome)

Your dreams could be closer than you think.
    CONGRATULATION$!!!

Outlined herein are the Wheel of Rome Terms and conditions for claiming your prize:

This is an independent promotion. No purchase necessary.

You must be over the age of 20.

All winnings must be claimed not later than the stipulated deadline (See award notification).

Any entries without valid collection numbers will be declared void.

Any entry late, lost or tampered with will be declared void.

Please ensure that you retain a copy of your initial award notification (Winners may be asked at any time to produce letter)

Upon completion of the claim, your documents will be checked and we will endeavour to deliver your award within 5 days.

Being that you were selected via your email address and to avoid double claims and also taking into consideration the amount in question, your winnings must be legalized in the Italian High court and we will issue a certificate of award thus completing the claim process, this process can only be completed through legal representation, so you will be referred to a lawyer to assist you. This is an independent lawyer acting as a referee giving you maximum representation. The legalization is essential to create a legal link between you and your email address. You are responsible for the legal charges.

Without the legalized form we cannot issue the certificate of award which entitles you to the prize and without this you have no legal claim on the prize.

The form must be properly filled out. Any wrong information provided will result in automatic disqualification.

For future verification purposes, when replying provide the following:

Name:
    Nationality:
    Country of residence:
    Tel number:
    All requirements must be provided.

Claimants displaying conducts considered improper when replying will be ignored and disqualified.
    The legalization and acquisition of the certificate of award completes the claim

process, only those who complete the claim process are entitled to collect the prize.

At this point, it is pertinent we emphasize that under no circumstance whatsoever does
    Superenalotto charge any kind of fee or request for any amount of money from winners to
    process their claim. Whatever monetary commitments that may be required from winners are
    done at the sole discretion of the attorney that winners are referred to for assistance and all
    negotiations of such shall be between the winner and the attorney, without any intervention
    from Superenalotto.

As the winner you are responsible for the legal charges. These charges are non-deductible
    from the prize this is because at this moment you have no right to the funds until you complete the claim.

A double claim will nullify your winnings.

Your funds are already placed in a bank in escrow pending the completion of your claim process.

For security reasons, all prizes have a hard cover insurance preventing it from being withdrawn from or tampered with
    before it is transferred to the winner.

Employees and their relatives of Superenaotto are excluded from participating in this program.

You are obliged to have your name published as a winner.

Do read and understand the terms contained herein before responding because your agreement to the
    Terms and conditions of Superenalotto is binding by law and must be followed through.

Once you are sure you understand these rules, send an email to your agent stating that you agree to the terms and
    that you wish to proceed to claim your prize and we will provide you with the form to fill in for claiming the prize.

This is an online form that will be submitted to the lawyer appointed to assist you. Once you have gotten this lawyer
    to complete your claim, we will have the bank transfer your prize to you through whichever method you indicated on the form.

Note: The claiming process must be completed before the deadline, this date is stated in the winning notification you received.

Management.
    Superenalotto.

Via Allesio di Tocqueville 13-20154

Milano, Italy

Have fun, dont get tricked ;)

10. oolala

oolala Member

What a small world!
    Three so called 1-million-USD-winners from different places on the earth arrived in the same page of the same forum!!!

11. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

you know what i think i believe this email i should give them my details, and if one of my credit card numbers is lucky i may win a prize, lol!

12. OneMember

OneMember Active member

And here is fourth. I win 1 million at this morning.
    But like every day, first thing after i open my email I empty my spam folder...

This is what i wish to see in my email: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  13. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

14. surfncrzy

surfncrzy Member

I won this morning as well. But like the others I could not open the rules. Sounds like a lawyer scam to me.

15. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I like the fact that it is THEY who decide which lawyer you can use!

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

scam email address and scam URL's removed

17. okssokc

okssokc Member

GOSH...It is wonderful...I WON TOO.....Gosh...PARTY PARTY PARTY...DRINKS ARE ON THE HOUSE>>>>send the bill to the sultan....

ITALIAN SUPERENALOTTO 2006
    PREMIO DEPARTMNT,
    EDIZIONE DEL INTERNET,
    VIA GARIBALDI 35, 21000 ROME, ITALY.

ATTENTION: WINNER!
    TICKET NUMBER: 27511465896-6410
    SERIAL NUMBER: 4204-777
    DREW LUCKY NUMBERS 5-21-23-34-61-72

SUPERENALOTTO AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION.

We are pleased to inform you of the release of the long awaited results of the
    SUPERENALOTTO ANNUAL PROMOTION PROGRAM held on the 28th December, 2006. You were
    entered as dependent clients with; Reference Serial Number:4204-777 and Ticket
    number 27511465896-6410.

Your email address attached to the ticket number: 27511465896-6410 thatdrew the
    lucky winning number, which consequently won the sweepstake in the first
    category, in four parts. You have been approved for a payment of 1,200,000.00
    Euros {One Million Two Hundred Thousand Euros} in cash credited to file REF
    NO.OYL /26510460037/02. This is to encourage the use of the

internet and computers worldwide and we are beginning this year with this year
    with 1, 200, 000, 00 as it is like a WELCOME TO 2007.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from
    50,000.00 (Fifty thousand) names of email users around the world, aspart of our
    international promotion program. Due to mixed up of some names and email
    addresses, we ask that you keep this award personal, till your claims has been
    processed and your funds remitted to you.

This part of our security measures to avoid double claiming or unwarranted
    taking advantage of the situation by other participants or impersonators.

Suffice to say here,You are required to fill the VERIFICATION & FUNDS RELEASE
    FORM below and return to your claims agent, this is to enable her carry out your
    verification and arrange for the release of your funds

NAME:

MARITAL STATUS:

NATIONALITY:

ADDRESS :

CITY:

STATE/PROVINCE:

PHONE NO:

WINNING INFORMATION
    SERIAL NUMBER :
    REFERENCE NUMBER:

(FIDUCIARY AGENT)
    Name: Mrs. Adaline Daniela
    Email address: info_superenaclaims@yahoo.it

She is your agent, and responsible for the processing and transfer of your
    winnings to you. YOUR SECURITY FILE NUMBER IS W-91237-H67/B4 (keep
    personal).

Remember, your winning must be claimed not later than (ONE MONTH OF
    NOTIFICATION).

Yours Sincerely,
    Mrs. Elena Giorgio
    LOTTERY COORDINATOR.

This promotional program takes place every year, and is promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities like the Sultan of Brunei, Italia
    prime minister, FIAT, TAMOIL and other corporate organizations.

This is to encourage the use of the internet and computers worldwide and we are beginning this year with this €1, 200, 000, 00 as it is like a WELCOME TO 2007.

I am glad to inform you that on receipt of your mail and the provided required details, you are to immediately contact Global Courier Services with the following details below:

CONTACT PERSON: MARIO SILVA
    COMPANY: GLOBAL COURIER SERVICES

ADDRESS OF HEAD OFFICE:
    Argonaut House, Galleymead Road, Colnbrook, Berkshire, SL3 0EN United Kingdom

DIRECT EMAIL:
    global_deliveryservices@yahoo.co.uk

PHONE NUMBER: +447011152967
    : +447035900934

It is necessary that you formally notify him that you want the courier firm to deliver your cheque winnings along with the winnings certificate and what it will cost you.

Furthermore, be informed that it is necessary you update us on developments with regards to the courier firm and be sure to give the address you want the parcel delivered to.

NOTE THAT: There is no way the courier charges can be deducted from your winnings, simply because you winning are in cheque that is issued in your name as the beneficiary and that make it impossible for the courier company to deduct any funds from it.

Do have us informed when you collect your winnings from them so we can make remittance to the courier.

Congratulations once more.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs.Adalins Danelia
    Assistant coordinator
    Superena Lotto Italia © 2007

DOT DOT DOT>......THERES MORE!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

This promotional program takes place every year, and is promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities like the Sultan of Brunei, Italia
    prime minister, FIAT, TAMOIL and other corporate organizations.

This is to encourage the use of the internet and computers worldwide and we are beginning this year with this €1, 200, 000, 00 as it is like a WELCOME TO 2007.

If you have been contacted by our LOTTERY COORDINATOR Mrs. Elena Giorgio, it means you might be one of our lucky international winners in this year ITALIAN SUPERENALOTTO INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM.

To verify with our computer, do send this information below to me in your next mail.
    Name: ...........................................
    Nationality:....................................
    Country of residence: ..................
    Tel number: ..................................
    Sex: ..............................................
    Date Of Birth:................................
    Winning Numbers...........................

Sincerely,
    Mrs.Adalins Danelia
    assistant coordinator
    Superena Lotto Italia © 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vinci i biglietti per FIFA World Cup in Germania!

(YOU WOULD THINK THESE ASSHOLES COULD FIND BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH THEIR TIME THAN TRY TO "f...K WITH PEOPLE.....WORLD WIDE WEB....HMMMMMMM I AM SENDING THEM A REAL NICE RESPONSE.....THIS KIND OF CRAP IS SO LAME.....

18. Bsnights

Bsnights Guest

Well, well, well. Not only did I get the exact same letter, I got your exact same numbers! When I replied, They sent additional info for an address in U.K. with a link. Somehow when researching that link, I hit on a link to here. After reading your posts, I decided to join and now join in. Thanks for the info and to some really weird Karma. Ya'll take care, I'll drop in an see ya.

19. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

here is the proof that its a scam.

I googled the so called ticket numberand it just turns out that there are 8 pages of people getting the winning number...

http://www.google.com/search?q=2751...ox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&start=0&sa=N

usually these emails are aimned at older people who tend to not think about it as much and just give away there credit card info.

here is more.
    the LUCKY NUMBERS 5-21-23-34-61-72 come out with a ton of info on google.

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&c...-23-34-61-72+&btnG=Rechercher&meta=lr=lang_en

and just also look at the fact that your FIDUCIARY AGENT has a yahoo account and not her companys one like info_superenaclaims@FIDUCIARYagency.com

just to add the cherry on top isint it bizarre that they dont have a precise date.this prooves that the email is sent on a regular bassis.

complete scam ignore it.

20. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

Whenever I get any such mail, I ask myself, "Was I expecting it?", and "Is it too good to be true?" All of the times, the answer to both of these is No and Yes, respectively.

Hypothetically, if these emails were not scams, I would have won about 250,000,000,000 US Dollars!!!!!