1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanning Incoming Cable Signal

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by chrismc76, Feb 22, 2008.

1. chrismc76

chrismc76 Member

Hey Guys, I am wondering if there is an easy way to scan the incoming Signal from Cable company to pinpoint exact frequencies and channels they are using. This would be handy for when they change the frequencies time to time or when they add new channels as they are doing on the Chor**s network in my area at the moment.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You really dont need to go down that avenue for what you require, unless you are doing this as a "hobby". For the basic box you have a factory reset and scan will do.

3. chrismc76

chrismc76 Member

Ye, to be honest scouser im pretty interested in this whole area and im trying to find out exactly how all the pieces fit together in the Digital Cable world. I have found one piece of software called TSReader which seems to scan the incoming signal & has loads of handy tools built in. See, its ok for the guys on the N*L network in Dublin because there autoscan works on the Starview, but im on the cho**us network & i have to do Manual scans on about 20 Frequencies to get all the channels, so I want to be able to get all the Frequencies logged quickly and create a dat file for my box so i can autoscan. Have you any suggestions?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

To be honest I can see where you are coming from but a factory reset will do just as much for you in regards to obtaining TP info when or if frequencies shift again. Haven't used TSreader, but you can stream info from a Dreambox/Dbox or if you have a TV PCI card with the correct firmware you can do pretty much the same.But its not just the info you can obtain but the knowledge required to use it.

Sorry but we are now going into things that we really shouldn't talk about on line and hence my somewhat light references to what I could go into in depth. I am heading off for the weekend, but you can ask Ferg the same thing. I had already seen your previous thread on this to which Ferg replied but I am sure if you ask offline you can get much more info.

Again apologies if I haven't been able to go into more detail, but its not only members of the public who look in here, if you know what I mean.