1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scene detection in digitalized home videos

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Hakfu13, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakfu13

Hakfu13 Regular member

Greetings, (Posting on this subforum since video-editing software one is bugged)

I've been going through a big project with my dad to digitalize all of our old home videos. Basicly what we've done so far is to get the video data from the old media to hard drive, so now it's all about editing.
    Some of the videos date as far back as the 80's and the newest are a couple years old.
    The software we used automatically detected scenes from the DV-material, but was unable to do so on the analog stuff.

So, the thing is, we have tons and tons of old analog video converted into mpeg files. It would taked ages to go through them all just to split every scene. (We don't even know how many scenes there are per file)
    I'm under assumption that Sony Vegas Pro 10, the editing software we're using, doesn't have any kind of scene detection from video files.
    Is there any program available that could help us out by automatically splitting the video files based on scenes? (Preferably doing so without having to transcode the file)

Thanks in advance!
    -Hakfu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.