1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scene freeze in burned DVD about 14 mins...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rafa374, Dec 17, 2004.

1. rafa374

rafa374 Member

[DVD tho not CD newbie here]

After converting XVID Dvdrip movie to DVD files with WINAVI 5.8,

I burned my v. first 2 DVD's [DVD-R} - one with Nerovision Express, one with Nero Burning Rom

both gave me same fault: they freeze after about 14 mins in exact same spot on both PC - with Windvd - AND my divx dvdplayer

they also are v. slow to advance in Windvd - when I try to move them forward few mins, or an hour

the rest of the movie does seem to be there - I managed with difficulty to get a frame or two from about an hour on - but then movie wouldn't continue

ALSO (& pos. related) while the screen seems to be roughly same dimensions as orig. XVID on PC - [XVID - 640 x336] - it ONLY plays as normal 4:3 on TV screen with dvd player...

any ideas what I'm doing wrong? [& should i have clicked "Add Counter" in Nero Burning Rom?]

many thx for any help

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

What media are you useing?

3. rafa374

rafa374 Member

hi- Bulkpaq- 8x - but think they're k

just burned another Xvid movie successfully to DVD - navigates & plays perfectly

I wonder whether it's the orig. movie file - maybe that 640 x336/ 23.976fps is strange - which is maybe why I orig had probs playing it as xvid on my divx dvdplayer [tho not on PC] ?

I'll try a coupla more over the next day - & get back - thx for interest

[BTW if anyone's interested I recommend WINAVI - it's VERY fast - under an hour]