1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV. Any Common!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roadkille, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

2. cyburzaki

cyburzaki Member

Missippi said:
    The Sceptre salesguy gave me the same MSRP when I called. He also said that initially Costco will be the exclusive reseller of this model. But he couldn't tell me what Costco's "normal" price will be, or when the model might be available elsewhere.

3. bjkimb

bjkimb Member

Where are you,roadkille?? I thought you were going to buy and let us all know how good or bad the Sceptre was. Ole boy must have left us!
    I am getting serious now being as my ship has come in!! Yea, sure.

Does anyone have a good suggestion,what to buy to replace the speakers on the Sceptre 37"??

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I think Roadkille has been booted.

LOL.

5. indiprod

indiprod Member

Does anyone have a good suggestion,what to buy to replace the speakers on the Sceptre 37"??

bjkimb, any good set of powered PC speakers will work plugged into the headphone jack. I get good sound from an older set of Bose PC speakers.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is the problem. You will spend over $1,500 for 37" Sceptre LCD HDTV. Then you have to buy a good set of speakers for it. Then you have to install them. A lot of work for you to do with 37" Sceptre.

Is that worth to buy 37" Sceptre?

7. kchaco

kchaco Member

TheReturn

You make a good point about the speakers. I just did my measurements for my bedroom. I would need to take the speakers off and to pay the $1,600.00 to remove speakers...(sigh)

That 32" Viewsonic for $799 next week @ costco is looking better and better or the Proview! Shoot!

I do not know what to do anymore.

I think I will think about placing my 37" scepter order on hold for a few days since I have until the 31st.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I said it is ok to buy Sceptre 37". But you leave it as it. If it has problems with speakers, you return it Costco and exchage for another one. You dont have to replace its speakers.

9. K9crazy

K9crazy Member

I am new to the forum, but am looking for a 42-inch LCD. I called Costco and they told me the price would be $2199 minus the $500 coupon, so that's $1699. But, it will only be online, no B&M, so expect $199 for shipping by their "white glove" carrier (brings the total up to $1898). The really good part is when I talked to them I asked about the return policy, you can basically reeturn this thing if it so much as flickers funny. They will take it back for a full refund, including your shipping charges. Seems like a good starter set to me. Any suggestions or cautions?

10. wooly59

wooly59 Member

$2199 minus the $500 coupon?? Are you certain? I was planning on buying the 37" one, a $600-$700 premium for the 42" lcd was too great. $1699 is a different story. If this is true I will wait and buy the 42" one from Costco. Does anyone know how well the Sceptre receives standard tv? I also like the deal on the 32" Viewsonic, but have not read any good reviews. Is the Viewsonic as bad as reviews state? Prices are going to drop considerably in the next 12 months and if the Viewsonic was half way decent, it is so inexpensive it could suffice until the prices drop.

11. K9crazy

K9crazy Member

Wooly, that's what they told me. Now, I can't vouch for the possibility that the person on the other end of the phone could have been mistaken, but that's what they said! I think at this point I am going to hold out for the 42!

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

God damn it!!!

It is a great deal if you tell us the true. I'm sure to buy Sceptre 42" if it is $1,699 after $500 coupon.

Please confirm if this is a true.

13. indiprod

indiprod Member

wooly59, my Sceptre 37" (1st generation) seems to upconvert SD (Standard Definition) signals quite well. I live in the mountains so I don't get broadcast TV, but the SD picture from the Dish Network 811 receiver surprises me at how good it looks, as does regular video from a VCR.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  14. K9crazy

K9crazy Member

I swear, I swear, I swear it's true! I called this afternoon after I saw it posted on another forum. I didn't believe it either (since all I have seen are plasmas that big and those seem to be in the $2500 range). This week costco has a 50" Phillips Plasma for $2999 minus $400 B&M and online. I didn't like the way it looked..too big and clunky and the PQ was not all that great, so I am holding on for March 6th.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

If so, I will [bold]preorder[/bold] Sceptre 42" tonight. Can you give me the phone that you called and name of the person that you talked too? I really appreciate. Thanks

16. K9crazy

K9crazy Member

I don't think that they will accept preorders, but I didn't ask either. It's not on their website yet because they are still "getting the graphics together." I called this number 800-955-2292. I don't know the name of the guy I talked to, but I will warn you...I was on hold for 18 minutes and he said that they are getting slammed about this today. Apparently it was on slickdeals.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Anyway, I will try to call them tonight. Thanks

18. kchaco

kchaco Member

I think we need confirmation on the price. I do not believe the price is $2199 prior to the coupon. I SAW the price at $2699. A rep from a costco warehouse showed it to me. That was 2 weeks ago. Maybe the price did change, but I doubt it.

I wil wait for any confirmation posted here....in order to purchase anything.

Please post something with confirmation. I will try to call myself tomorrow.

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

After work, I went home like 4:00PM. I call this number 800-955-2292. God, I waited for 15 mins, but nobody answer my phone yet. I have to hang up because my mom needs the phone. I will check again tomorrow.

20. donkey83

donkey83 Member

http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LCD/Specifications/spec_X42SV-Naga.htm
    Link for the product page for 42" screen. Shows extra box that all components plug into and says only 3 cables will hang from screen. This would help those who punch holes in the wall to snake cables for the clean install. 64.4 lbs without stand so it will have to be a heafty braket holding this bad boy.