1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV. Any Common!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roadkille, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ksekine

ksekine Guest

When I cycle through the Aspect button, I do get the same as you mentioned, but it doesn't fill the entire screen.

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

ksekine

When watching a TV program that is not HD, and you cycle through the different Aspects, once you land on Full for example, do you then push Enter, or an equivalent button to make the change?

I would highly recommend doing a Google Search or going on the manufacturers website to see if you can find a downloadable manual.

3. ksekine

ksekine Guest

I have not tried pressing enter after selecting one of the Aspect choices, although, when I hit the Aspect button on an HD channel, it does change without hitting the enter button. I agree with what has been said about the manual. It's not very helpful.

4. ksekine

ksekine Guest

I was able to get a live person in tech support @ Sceptre, and his answer was that the digital cable box needs to be adjusted to fit the whole screen.

5. kchaco

kchaco Member

Hello all,

I should have my 37" sceptre delivered tomorrow according UPS. I can't wait. I will keep you posted.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I cant wait to hear from you kchaco with the new Sceptre 37". I cant also wait for the Sceptre 42" comes out either.

7. 8bobcat8

8bobcat8 Member

I just caught this thread.

Having just talked to Sceptre Sales I would add that this is an exclusive Costco online deal only. The 42" set will be out sometime in March. They (he) would not give an exact date nor an exact price. Once again internet only. You will not be able to see this set at a local Costco.

This is the same for the 37" LCD also. Non to see at the local store etc, etc.

Hope this helps.
    BobCat

8. kchaco

kchaco Member

8bobcat8

We know. We are pretty bummed out that we cannot actually see it. What we really need is the following:

Costco says that thier price is $2199. We have not received confirmation that this price is either before or after the coupon discount.

In the meantime I will play with the 37" inch until march comes around.

9. 8bobcat8

8bobcat8 Member

I guess I was just reconfirming the vagueness of Sceptre ie no firm price or March date. I admitt I have not read every post in this thread as it seems to have been somewhat hijacked. Sorry if I caused a waste of bandwidth.

BobCat

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You are great. It is ok. I and some other ones are waiting for the real price of Sceptre 42". We know that we have $500 off coupon for Sceptre 42". The price is $2199 that Costco give us.

And kchaco already gave you the question: $2199 is after the coupon or before the coupon.

11. kchaco

kchaco Member

Well Fellars!!

Is has arrived. The 37" cher is nice. Well just as I feared,it will fit my Ent center to snug for my taste. So for now it will be sitting on top of my Armoire.

I have not had a chance to play much with the settings. It does come with the cables. I did notice, and maybe I am wrong but I have a few chanels that are not coming in stereo in the Naga, but are stereo in my 37" Sharp Aquos.

I am going to try to find the posting with the settings suggestion and play with it.
    Overall looks nice and it has PIP, which is the only thing lacking on my Sharp.

As for the 42" Naga...I do not know. By looking at the 37" Naga The size is just right and the 42" regardless of the freakin excellent price, It is not me, I think.

I shall return with more updates.

12. K9crazy

K9crazy Member

kchaco, can you tell us if the 37" has a code for a programmable remote control? I have he

13. K9crazy

K9crazy Member

sorry....keyboard malfunction...stupid laptop...

Anyway, I have heard that it doesn't work with programmable remotes.

Thanks!

14. kchaco

kchaco Member

According to the Manual or Brochure since it is only 10 pages or so there is no universal code. Its also stated in the manual.

I just got home and I have not played much with the TV. I can tell you that the delay when changing the channel is there and the speaker makes a faint pop sound in order to kick in the audio. I have not had a chance to call tech support yet but I will keep you all posted.

Picture quality is awesome and I only have Analog!

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Woow great picture is a good news. How long is for the delay in mili second when changing the channel? And we have already known about the speakers problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2006
  16. kchaco

kchaco Member

The delay is not bad but noticed. I would say 1 milisec delay. But I am now used to it and is not that bad. Speakers do SUCK.

Its growing on me and because space limitations I think I am going to keep the 37" instead of going for the 42".

I will be playing with it this weekend since I am running the wires through the drywall.

17. crmarquez

crmarquez Member

The 42" Septre at Costco is listed @ $2199 before the $500 coupon. I went into Costco and they pulled it up on the computer to confirm this for me. The final price is $1699. Awesome price!!!!

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Thank you crmarquez for your confirm.
    kchaco you should change your mind to buy a 42" instead of a 37". Because it costs the same.

Damn it. I cant wait.

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@kchaco
    I wonder if you watch SuperBowl this weekend. It is a great time to test your 37" LCD HDTV.

20. indiprod

indiprod Member

kchaco, see my earlier post on removing the speakers that come with the 37" and using powered PC speakers instead. Good quality PC speakers are inexpensive and sound much better. To install, all you do is plug the speaker miniplug into the headphone minijack on the back of the Sceptre. You can then control the volume with your Sceptre remote.