1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

schindlers list to 1 disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stace, Mar 18, 2005.

1. stace

stace Guest

Is there any way to get my 2 disc's of schindlers list onto 1 dvd, I presume it will need a 8.5GB disc, I have on my system dvddycrypter, dvd shrink, nero 6, nero vision express and 1 click dvd copy, I am rather new at this, so please be gentle

Thanks

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I don't own the movie so a few questions for ya.

1. How big is each disc?
    2. Are their "special features" and other stuff on the disc's?
    3. If yes to #2 do you want to keep these as well?
    4. Does your burner support DL "dual-layer" disc's?

Let's start with these and go from there.

3. Adrian_UK

Adrian_UK Member

I think the answer will be no unless you are willing to reduce the quality of the picture etc.

Both disks will probably be dual layer. This means that you will have about 13 or 14gb of information and you will be trying to fit it onto an 8gb dual layer disk.

Basically don't bother.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

the running time of this is 3hours'ish so with just movie-only i guess you would have to use a dual-layer blank disc.

(The compression ratio in DVD Shrink would be appalling)

I'd give it up :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  5. stace

stace Guest

Thanks for the help, it does seem to be a lost cause, however in reply to ou812one, each disc is 7.27gb, there are special features on disc 2 which I don't want to keep on the disc, my burner doesn't support dual layer, but a friends does and they have the same software as me. I have run each disc through dvd shrink and the compression ratio is over 60% to do it onto 1 disc, so I think it may be hopless but I'm open to any suggestions.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

60% may well be fine, and the movie is in black and white which may well disguise some of the lack of quality. it's no full colour action flick with loadsa fast-moving video; try using dvd shrink to chuck it on your hard drive, play it a little and see what the quality is like.

7. stace

stace Guest

Thanks,I'll try that and let you know how it goes