1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen black when played back

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by jackill, Dec 29, 2007.

1. jackill

jackill Regular member

i have the box pvr iv tried a couple of times to record but when i do go to watch it back all i get is the sound this has hap twice whilst recording m.o.t.d any help appriciated

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

To start with you need the loop cable in between the two tuners.
    First make sure you put the main cable supply input into the correct socket at the back ( there are 6 in all, so easy to get wrong ) the 4 together are the important ones. You need a short loop cable maybe supplied with your box. Top right = Main cable in, top left = Tuner 1 loop cable out, Bottom right = Tuner 2 loop cable input. Bottom left = empty.
    Then set one channel recording by pressing the red record button on your remote(3rd up from bottom on right) then change channel and watch or press record the other. Press the i (info) button on remote and this will show you on screen top to what is being recorded. Top right = tuner 1 top left = tuner 2. You can also set the timer recording via EPG on two channels at the same time.

3. jackill

jackill Regular member

Ye im wide to all that i can record now and watch it back or i can use the pause function and play what i was watching its when i set something to pre record in a couple of hours that its not working the sound is there but no picture but the picture is ther when i record now or if i record a programe over on another channel whilewatching another its for some reason when i set it to pre record thats the problem and its obviously recording because the sound is coming through but picture isnt and the picture will come thru when i record now