1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen capture DVD playback (HOW?)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlrm365, Apr 6, 2005.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

The subject says it all.

I often see screen captures of DVD playbacks but, whenever I try it, I get a black or blank result.

I have tried a screen capture but, whatever I place it into (Photoshop, Word, etc), whenever I click to open the file afterwards... blank or black!

What piece of software should I use to make sure I can get a decent screen capture that I can either work with in Photoshop or print?

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Well some dvd player software will do a screen capture which is part of the software, like PowerDVD with its screenshot button.

But if you want to do just a full screen capture press the <print screen> key on the keyboard and then just open up microsoft paint or some other photo software and paste.

hold down the alt key then the print screen key, if you want to capture just the window thats in focus.

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

When I said I tried a screen capture, I meant a Print Screen, but I did not realise PowerDVD had the function you said. Im dashing out the door but will come back soon. Can you tell me where I look for the button or feature that lets me do that, with PowerDVD? I have the most recent version.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member