1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Flickers in Some Software

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rjessa, Apr 29, 2007.

1. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

This was never an issue with mys system, but in the last couple of months I have noticed that my screen flickers intermittently whilst I am working on some programs such as Publisher, Frontpage etc. It's almost as if it is saving the file, but I have set that to evey ten minutes, not every minute.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have XP Home edition. Does not flicker on internet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

It could be that the screen is getting old or has a faulty part in it. Or it could just have a loose connection into the back of your tower.

3. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Only happens with certain softwares. Not all the time. Right now when I am on the net, no problems at all.

4. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Actually I kept a close eye on what is happening. When using Publisher, the entire screen does not flicker. it is only the image i am working on that flickers.
    Help if you can.
    Thanks

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Does it flicker when you move it or something like that or does it move after you stop moving the image or does it flicker even if you do not touch it??

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@borhan,

Do you think it could be a faulty driver install?

7. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

What comes to mind is it could have something to do with the RAM but 1gig should be ok unless the RAM is faulty. The other thing that can be done is try to reinstall or do a repair install of publisher and see if that fixes the problem.

Are all your updates up to date from windows update in regards to Microsoft Office??