1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Freezing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jaffa76, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Jaffa76

Jaffa76 Member

I have a Pioneer A06 burner and am trying to backup some movies that I own, using DVD Shrink v3 Beta as well as Nero v5.5.10.54
    I can backup and burn without a problem, but when i try to play back on a stand alone dvd player, about half way into the movie, i get screen freeze, also it plays for about 5 seconds - pauses - then starts that chapter again (again, halfway through the movie)
    hope i haven't confused anyone too much, I've tried all media types and different brands all with no luck

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Jaffa76, Check to see if your player supports the type media you are burning(-R, +R). Wrong media format will cause your problem. Other possible causes, cheap media, paper stick on labels, and over compression to name a few. Hope this helps.
    Jerry

3. Jaffa76

Jaffa76 Member

Thanks for the info, i appreciate it
    however
    I do not use sticky labels EVER on burnt media
    although the documentation does not state so, i have been able to view this type of media (+,-) on my DVD player... not sure if that makes a difference
    Also, if i were to burn using Xcopy Xpress, it comes out okay (though i prefer to use DVD Shrink)
    Just a thought, but would it make any difference with the system that I'm using (Celeron 660, 256Mb RAM) and if so, what would be the minimum requirements for using this program

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You system is somewhat slow and Ram at lower end, but this should only cause you a longer total rip-burn time.
    I have see stand alone players rated for -R media actually play burned +R movies all the way through but with some video problems similar to what you are having. I still think it is media related. You might want to check the player listings at www.dvdrhelp.com and see what they say about your player.
    Jerry