1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Images from DVD-R disc?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NettB77, Jan 14, 2005.

1. NettB77

NettB77 Member

Hi. I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder. I record shows and movies and dubb them to DVD-R discs. I want to make some screen-cap images from my discs.

I just got InterVideo's WinDVD Player 6 Gold. Regular DVD movies from the store play just fine, and I can make screen images. I got one of my DVD-R discs to play a couple times- but that's it. Now it won't play and none of my other discs will play. I'm completely baffled. I was so excited it was working - and now I have nothing.

What program do you all suggest using to play DVD-R discs on the computer, where I could also make images? I am grateful for any suggestions....

2. colw

colw Active member

Power DVD has a capture frame function if that is of any help.

3. NettB77

NettB77 Member

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Do any of you play DVD-R discs on your computer? If so, what program do you play it on and what version of Windows do you have?

4. colw

colw Active member

Use Power DVD 5.0 for playback - Windows 2000.

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

I play my backups on my computers quite often. I use WinDVD, Nero, Windows Media, Power DVD etc. I haven't had any issues with any of them. All my backups are -RW's or -R's. I usually play them in the DVD rom but have also played them in my external burner. I have Windows XP.
    HW.

6. NettB77

NettB77 Member

Thank you for your help. I think my problem is that I have Windows 98. It's time for an upgrade, I think.