1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrolling horizontal lines on TV

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nwa4ever, May 4, 2005.

1. nwa4ever

nwa4ever Member

I have an issue with my ATI Radeon TV out. When I connect the s-video cable from the vid card to my Toshiba 24" flatscreen, I get these horizontal lines that slowly scroll to the top of the screen, and then start again from the bottom. I've noticed that when the S-video cable is plugged in, I get the lines on my TV even when not watching the TV-out (as in when I am just watching a program on TV), but when the s-video cable is unplugged there are no lines. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if s-video cable is plugged into the card but nothing else on the other end, does it still do the lines or not??

3. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

just a thought,maybe you need something like a gold plated connection to help the signal.when I had my fx5200 I needed a better connection for it to look good

4. nwa4ever

nwa4ever Member

If the s-video cable is plugged into the card and not the TV, there are no scrolling lines on the TV.

Regarding the quality of the cable....I was wondering about this, after all this is the cable that came standard with the card so its probably garbage.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a better shielded cable to see if still a problem. also try on another tv if possible as possible feedback problem.

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I concurr, looks like interference on the cable to me aswell.
    if you are going to use this as a regular setup, it'll be worthwhile in purchasing a gold contact one that is stipulated as having high quality shield.

On another note to check aswell, have you made sure the s-video socket has been setup correctly to output to a TV, those settings should be located in the accompanying software with your graphics card, but I don't think s-video can be output to an LCD anyway so the settings may not be there.