1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ScubaPete, please help!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by fishbulb, Nov 16, 2004.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i haven't been on these forums long but from what i've seen, SP is very knowlegable in the areas i am usually clueless in. so hopefully i can get some help w/ this from him or anyone else reading this. first of all i'm new to ripping and burning. i have a dvd+/- player/burner on my pc. my home theater system(dvd player) SAYS it doesn't play dvd rw among many other media. the first dvd i burned using dvd shrink and nero 6 did NOT play on it. then i burned a dvd using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and it DID play! (both times using ScubaPete's guides i found on these forums. thanx SP!) i was wondering if using dvd decrypter in some way over-rides those types of dvd player settings so a person CAN play the types of dvd's that the player says it can't. hope this makes sense. if anyone can help, i'll be looking for a reply.
    thanx in advance!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Huuummm, Sounds like you're bragging -

Your player is playing something it shouldn't -

No, DVD Decrypter doesn't do anything except put the information on the disc - no special Mombo Jumbo -

Unless there;s a problem, don't worry BUT if it's only doing it 50% of the time, I wouldn't count on it unless it's an RW - at least with them you haven't lost a disc if it doesn't play - Burn on little Buddy, Burn on . . . .

Pete

BTW, next time don't multi-post to raise me, send me a PM with a link to your thread -

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Oi multiposting be a bad thing.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yes Sir, "O" God of cyber time/space -

I done told him and had Neph shut down one of his posts -

I wanted to make Ya proud :p)

Glad to see ya about the forum my Friend, it's been too long . . . .

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004