1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scubapete- Power calibration area error, HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by check95, Jan 12, 2005.

1. check95

check95 Member

bought a new drive, works like a charm...thanks for all the help...
    Kev

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there Kev,

All those things we've tried . . . They are things you should do every so often, not just when you have trouble. If you wait until you have trouble then you've waited too long. Keep your system running at peak effentecy, check for firmware every month, your DMA should ever notice a slow down and your Defrag at least every week. I defrag every evening. Use decent media always. That way, should you encounter a problem, you can feel cofident it isn't your discs.

You also heve good guides that you can use whenever you would like a change of pace. We didn't waste our time and your problem is now solved. We done good :)

Let's not think about saying "Goodbye" just yet either -

We'd still like you to stop by and visit even when you don't have problems you need help with - "Pop" in when you can and cruise around the different forums. You never know when we might have something that can make your computer work a little easier. You might pickup some valuable tips to boot. Checkout the "Safety Valve", it's a place where we "Chew the fat" on just about every topic under the sun. Heck, check out our forums on Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components, Games OR p2p topics.

As an extra added bonus, when you see another person with a problem and you feel you might know something that could help, join in. As the Ogre said to the Cyclops, " Three heads are better than two." (Lol) You'll then see how much fun we have helping others. As a current member of our little club you can welcome the new guys in -

We'll look forward to seeing you. "Me ?" You'll find me hangin' out over there by the water cooler, sittin' under the potted palm with my feet propped up, sipping on a "cold one", waiting for the next "Newbie" with a problem that I can help them with - maybe you'd like to join me . . . ? I'll be lQQkin for you ~ ~>

Till then, I'll be Sea'n you -

Pete ;p)

3. check95

check95 Member

No doubt pete, I'll still be around..Thanks for all the help!