1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Camcorder with a "pause" facility ?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by andystar, Dec 8, 2010.

1. andystar

andystar Member

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so please be gentle ;)

I am wanting to buy a new camcorder, preferably one which uses an SD card. Would be great if it did HD, but that's NOT my top priority. I'd rather have good 640 x 480 camcorder which has good image quality/colour definition than an HD one which looks jerky and poor.

What i'm really interested in is a camcorder which will allow me to record clips as one large file rather than creating lots of files which i then have to stitch together !

Can you remember DV Camcorders ? :), well on those types of camcorders you could record a few scenes, switch it off, shoot a few more, switch it off, and when you play it back through the TV the result looks seemless, all the shots blend into one with no noticable pauses from scene to scene.

Every SD camcorder i've had has a noticable pause after each scene (file) which makes it look really poor when putting it onto a DVD straight from the camcorder, (I don't really want to have to combine the files into one big file on the PC).

So, which is the best camcorder out there which will seemlessly combine all scenes into one big scene (file).

Hope i've explained this okay !

By the way, i have the Sony Bloggie HD camcorder, and was wondering if there was any decent freeware program out there which will stitch H264 files together seemlessly ?.... i've got Avidemux but it's a little too complicated for me !

Best Regards,
    Andrew

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

strewth.. if avidemux is "too hard" then you better give it up .. splicing things together is probably the easiest of ANY video editing tool out there...

sd based camcorders don't have a "pause" button.. that went out with tape.. older dv machines were tape based, and on hitting pause actually did a "frame in frame" edit on restart.

guess you will have to learn how the "append" function works with avidemux

3. andystar

andystar Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010