1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sd card issues

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by trixster, Jan 10, 2008.

1. trixster

trixster Member

hi guys i recently got a m3 simply and a kingston 2 gb micro sd card
    the package came with a usb card reader

anyway i was using the card and reader for over a month when it stopped working something happened i think i was trying to put a .dpg movie on to it but it cut out half way through eitherway i knackered the card later i tryed to access the card again the computer says the card is not formatted would you like to format it i clicked yes nothing happpened
    tryed a few times same result

i went out and bought 2 sandisk 1gb micro cards and tryed one on the computer the computer recognises the reader in the usb port it trys to autoplay but fails... then if i can actually double click the
    removable disk (h:)wich takes ages to respond it asks wether i want to format

i also tryed putting the new sd cards into my digital camera it reads the cards and lets me take pictures theni tryed sending the pictures through the usb lead but windows tells me there is a malfunction with my digital camera

any ideas what the problem is it...
    my computer
    the reader
    the micro sd cards

its really irritating me please help

2. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Well if the cards work in the camera it sounds like the reader, but I would think it would be difficult to make a reader go bad.

See if you can borrow another reader and test your cards. Or just pony up for another reader and evrybody can use 2. That will at least take that piece out of the equation.