1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD CARD PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by twobells, Apr 29, 2005.

1. twobells

twobells Member

Hey All

Following the instructions in the readme file for Costi's SDLOADER I easily formatted a friends sd card copied over the files necessary and booted AR getting it all working for him.

However, I recently purchased the exact same SDAdaptor and a 16mb flash card.
    Using the same AR dongle and same disk I went to boot it only to discover no matter what I do the loader will NOT boot.

So i took out my flash card and inserted the one I did for my friend...worked first time.
    So my SD Adaptor works fine, the flash card works fine (u can see the files in windows xp) and it formatted fine.
    I know the AR dongle works fine,s o what am i doing wrong?

The only thing I can think of is that the SDPATCH routine was somehow corrupted.
    Yet when u run the patch it patches fine and u get the 'ok' messages.

Can ne1 think of what possibley can be wrong with my setup when the AR dongle is fine, the AR disk, the SDAdaptor and the flashcard are all fine but it refuses to boot?

thanks in advance

TB

2. Ize

Ize Regular member

Clearly the problem lies within the Flash card.

re-format it and try it again, you made an error when you did yours.

3. twobells

twobells Member

Odd, you were right, as soon as I formatted it from the command line, it worked first time :)

TB