1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Gecko

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by jo3, Mar 13, 2007.

1. jo3

jo3 Member

yo yo ! I cant find an SD Media Launcher or Max Drive Pro anywer....

im thinkin of buying an SD Gecko. However all the guides seem to require a disk to load things off the mem' card? am i corect, or can you load them strate of the mem' card with no disk? Help would be greatly apreciated as im confused, cheers !!

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

here's how to build the sd to gc mem adapter thingy.
    -note: his pictures don't show the senses(1+12) connected. the pictures from someone else shows how this should be done. [i just taped some copper wire from one sense to the other, making sure NOT to tape over them [the senses], that way the gamecube can still read the sd/memory thingy you made.]
    i used my 'microsd to sd' adapter instead of an sd reader, but the steps are the same. so, if you have a microsd [or minisd] adapter around, just solder/tape right onto the points that match up.
    ...or buy the gecko.

here's a sdload tutorial.

-note: this one's wordy and such; so i refferenced it and used the dumbed down version...

over here.
    -note: the site links to gcdev, which seems to be down. ...for me anyways...

the thing that is absolutely necessary to buy is an action replay for the gamecube. 20$[at most places] ain't so bad since it has cheats and freeloader.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  3. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Screw the sd gecko, just get datel's sd media launcher, it'll let you run all homebrew as well as backups VERY easily, just see here.. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/468895

4. jo3

jo3 Member

cheers for the info

5. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

if you already have an sd and action replay, the SDLOAD method will save you 50$+

anything that can be launched from sd media launcher (AR's version of SDLOAD, where'd you think they got the idea from?) can be launched via SDLOAD (GCoS comes to mind). this is just another attempt from datel to make some money off the homebrew scene. *cough* max media dock *cough*. can't blame them though... at least freeloader was included with AR MAX.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007