1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Launcher-questions-

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by mcpy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. mcpy

mcpy Member

Hello!!1..

I have ordered sd launcher , and while im waiting for it , i wanna ask some questions.

1)Where do you connect the sd media memory stick? in a random memory stick slot?
    And if yes, my memory card will not work????????
    To put it simple..
    Can i have both memory cards(memory card-original- and sd launcher's memory stick) together???????

2)Which is the best GCOS version in your opinion(1.x,1.5x,gc beta.dol)? and why?

3)Do you really have to tweak the laser?
    I've heard that some people didn't have to go through all this..

4)What you think about SONY MINI-DVDs?(DVD-R)
    Should i trust them? or they suck?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  2. mcpy

mcpy Member

Please, someone reply !

3. Stonerman

Stonerman Guest

Ok dude, I´m no expert, but i have the same setup as you, so I´ll try to give you some straight answers.

1) You can connect the SD adapter to either memorycard slot.
    I´m not sure what you´re asking, but you have no need for your original MC to be connected during the boot process, gamecube games loads from memorycard slot 1 by default though I believe, so you´ll have to switch the SD adapter for a MC after bootup.

2) I use a combination of 1,5 and 1,x, mostly 1,5 though. never used a beta.dol

3) You never know, I had to because of constant DRE´s (disc read error´s) And I´ve read somewhere that it´s a good thing to maintain your GC laser, so that it has the same value at all times, because of some laser attenuation. if that´s a value you set, or your stock setting, shouldn´t make any difference.

4) After tweaking any media goes in my cube, but usualy all quality brands will do, I usually go for Verbatim´s. Sony should be cool though, have not tried them personally though.

Hope I made any sense to you, pretty late reply at that, what can I say I´ve been high.. So you´ve probably solved all your problems for yourself, anyways, PL&U

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007