1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Media Launcher Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ukgtitch, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Hey guys.

I've just recieved my SD Media Launcher this morning.

I've burnt 4 games so far, 3 of which are NTSC, 1 which is PAL.

I'm currently using a PAL gamecube which hasn't had any modding or has had the pot adjusted at all.

When i try to play the NTSC games through either gcos 1.5 or gcos1.x beta.. the gamecube actually reads all three games, but when i boot the disk i get a black screen of death.

When i try to play the PAL game through gcos 1.5 or gcos1.x beta, the game always plays the intro at the start and then gives me an error when i get near the menu, sometimes i can actually play the game for a while, until i ask the game to do something big, like join a tournament then it will give me an error again.

I'm also using really cheap unbranded DVD-R's to burn the games onto at 1x through imgburn, i don't really want to adjust the pot, but if i HAVE too, i will do, could it be the cheap branded dvd-r? or is it because the pot hasn't been adjusted and reads the game too slow?

Does the SD Media launcher actually play NTSC games? because it has the option to force NTSC region? i'm guessing it takes more power to read games from other regions, which is why its not properly booting up? or just because the disks are crap.. :p

Thankyou for your time!

2. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Bit of updated information:

When i do get the PAL game to run properly (Mario double dash) i can play a full game of time trial, but soon as i tell it to run a Grand Prix, it gives me a game error, i can play as many time trials as i want without a crash, but not grand prix.

I just need somebody to give me an idea of what i have to put right, in order to make this whole thing work, but currently i have can backup my PAL games and run them sometimes in errors, sometimes not.

Thankyou!

3. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Does the SD Media Launcher actually play games from other regions? i've just formatted the SD card to fat32, before it was using fat.

Now it plays double dash tournaments and loads the game up faster, but still black screen of death when it comes to NTSC games, thanks!