1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SDHC card problem: Pictures not showing up

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Arrh123, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Arrh123

Arrh123 Member

Hello,
    I have a problem with a Transcend 8Gig SDHC card, class 6. I'm using a Canon powershot A650 IS. I took some pictures on this card, it worked fine...and then I put a movie file onto the card, by plugging the card in with an adapter to another computer. After that, the pictures will all show up perfectly onto the camera, but they will not display when connecting to a computer, either with an adapter or by using the camera itself. I've tried two different adapters actually. Can you guys help? Is this the right forum, or should I go to the hardware section. Thanks!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what you're saying is .... you uploaded a movie or video file onto the card that already holds pictures. Pictures can be viewed by the camera but not the computer. Why don't you take the video off the card and then try to see if the card can be read by the computer again! next time don't upload a movie onto your card that already has pictures that you haven't saved yet to the computer!

Also.... you might want to use a program that will recover pictures from your cards.... like RescuePro Delux by Sandisk. This program will scan your card and recover lost files.

good luck.