1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search Feature

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by sly_61019, Jun 9, 2004.

1. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Why is it that 99% of the time i try to search the forums, it doesn't work?

2. jazee

jazee Member

It doesn't work for me 100% of the time. I opened a message I found the word 'autodj' in it. Did a search for autodj with timeframe ALL and nothing comes up. Tries several other tests like this and never get any results. This is a pretty prominent website. I'm pretty suprised that a key feature like this would not be fixed right away.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

4. jazee

jazee Member

Now we are getting somewhere. It appears the "exact phrase" option works okay. It is the "all words" or "any words" option that don't work.

For instance, the first message in your results also has the words 'super tagging' in it.

If you do a search for 'any words' or 'all words' for autodj super tagging. You get no results. Likewise if you do a search for 'any words' or 'all words' with just the word autodj, you don't get any results either. I tested with super tagging thinking you needed to use more than one word for those options to work. No dice.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

This has been fixed now (couple of days ago actually), thanks for reporting the issue and reply back if you still have probs with it.