1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second half of a movie wont play after splitting

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ksm, Oct 25, 2002.

1. ksm

ksm Guest

I have a question here. I have movie files in .avi or .divx format, and they are a little too big to fit on a cd, and I use the splitter to break these files in half. Well, the first half comes out great, but the second half of the movie won't play. This is also true for any .mpeg movies, as the second half won't play on a dvd player, or on the computer. It lists those files as .mp3 files in the dvd player. Can anyone tell me how to fix this, and to get the second half to play right? Thanks for any help here.

2. Fallguy

Fallguy Member

It Doesnt play on mine Either, But i just burn it to vcd and it plays in my DVD player Perfectly.......i use DVDCopy PLUS, to Rip the movie, Convert to Mpeg and Burn, the best and fastest Splitter i would recomend is MpegTool, it lets you say which part of the movie to start at and end at, the second half will not play on PC but if you burn using VCD EASY youll have no problems.........(and its Fast) hope this helps