1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SecuRom 4.77.00.0053

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by unleash, May 14, 2003.

1. unleash

unleash Member

Hi out there,
    I'm a newbie here in this forum and a newbie in making back ups. I read aldacos "how2backup" and figured out, which software's needed for special protections. I tried to back up Neverwinter Nights v. 1.0.
    ClonyXXL v2.0.1.4c identified SecuRom 4.77 (interesting that a higher Clony-version couldn't identify any protection).
    Then, after reading the tutorial, I created an image on my harddisc with BlindWrite-Suite v4.25. After that I used Physical CD characteristic dumper for making this .bwa-file (whatever this may be). I saw a lot of spikes in this chart. So I got an update for my CD/RW (it's a Cyberdrive CW088D, now it's updated to 120F). After updating my CD/RW I made a new .bwa-file. This one seems (according to this mentioned spikes) to be much more ok (at least I don't really know which .bwa-file would be "ok", which one not).
    I tried another backup with this new .bwa. The backup doesn't work. Than I tried to edit the .bwa with bwaEdit1.0 (I edited those spikes in this chart which seemed to be the biggest ones). Now I tried a 3rd backup - no go.
    What the hell is my fault??:confused:
    greetinx,
    unleash

Last edited: May 14, 2003
  2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You only need to create a BWA file for SecuROM 4.8.x& up. Follow the guide and disreguard BWA section and the backup should play flawlessly in your dvd\cd\cdrw.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Main Website^ (Afterdawn)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    ------------------------------------------------
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2003