1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seeking review for blind CD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by herbeapus, Apr 18, 2010.

1. herbeapus

herbeapus Member

Hi.
    I would like to buy some good CDs to archive my music, etc.
    can you please tell me a place to read good and up to date reviews on the different brand/make out there.

also can you point me out to some online reseller, like ebay or DXtreme, offering good media and willing to ship to Canada please ?

TIA
    Stef, Montreal.

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

just go in a shop and buy any "branded" ones.. 99% are made by cmc who do decent cd-r .. or there are gigatain brand (the best I have ever seen.. optodisk).. and even philips are good.. cd-r is old technology.. theres not really anything to choose between the branded ones at all... and unless you pay top dollar for verbs (a complete waste of money for cd-r) there is honestly nothing to chose between them.. check they work on anything you want to play them on is the only criteria, and that doesn't seem to go by manufacturer or brand in any way.. my cd player likes 90% of disks, but doesn't like ty's at 3x the price... and others are totally random.. 99 of 100 from a spool will play fine.. the last one from in the middle even will skip..