1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seemingly simple but exasperating problem with dvdremake

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Balaam, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I just started using this proggie, and I've spent a few hours reading several guides, and they all seem to say that I shouldn't be having the problem I'm having. My problem is that when I remove tailers, logos, warnings and other junk that play at the very beginning of the dvd, I get disks that won't play. It's like, now that that starting point has been taken away, the disks won't start at all. But the guides don't give any other instructions for this procedure.

I have dvdremake pro v2.6.6.

I've tried this and had the same problems on 3 disks so far, and I'm stumped. So any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

2. dimad

dimad Regular member

The latest DvdReMake Pro version is 2.6.7. Why don't you try it first; just to make sure.

3. MaxxOdd

MaxxOdd Member

You should use a non-pirated copy. The cracks are shite.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It sounds like you're trimming the menus out of it.

Back to Nero's Recode2 to trim all that stuff out and leave you with a workable DVD.

Nero's Recode2 = A very much under used, under appriciated and very good program. Use it in the "Remake a DVD" MODE and it operates much like Shrink.

Cheers,

'P'

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Naw, Maxx pretty muched confirmed what I already suspected. VobBlanker has worked perfectly though. But if anyone who reads this thread could give me their opinions as to what is a great dvd software player for playing vob files, I'd be very appreciative. I've tried winDVD, VLC, and some other free ones. The only other player I haven't tried that people have been suggesting is powerdvd.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I like PowerDVD myself :)