1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Select titles not streaming through Windows Media Player on Windows 10 Computer?

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by Dudeness1, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Dudeness1

Dudeness1 Member

Hi All,

I have three Windows 10 Computers setup in my home network. They are each configured for Media Streaming to my Samsung Series 7 TV. While two computers are showing all of the content within their respective Windows Media Player Libraries one is not.

Instead the troubled computer is not showing titles that begin with specific letters; these letters are currently R, S and T (though this can change if I delete the Media Player library and 'rebuild' it).

At first I thought that the sheer number of titles on the computer could be an issue; however I have cross checked the troubled computer with one of the full functioning ones and found that the troubled computer actually has less titles. In fact there are only about 900 titles on the troubled computer, and just over 1500 on the good computer which I performed my comparison on.

On the troubled computer I can see all of the titles listed in Media Player, and can select / play titles that are not being displayed on the TV (through streaming). Furthermore I can copy specific titles from the troubled computer to a good computer on the network and then select the good computer on my TV at which point I am then able to see the content!

Has anybody encountered this kind of issue when streaming content from Windows 10 using Windows Media Player? If so can you please share your findings?

Kind Regards,

Davo

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

There's not much when it comes to web search & most seems to be for music & not quite what you experience.The common theme is to delete the path & data including the database in APP DATA .I'd try using say klite or vlc then see if the same thing happens.Unless there's a log of what wmp is doing & why.The only time i came across what you have issues with was when using xbmc/kodi where movie names beginning with The etc would be ignored & sorted by the second word instead i.e
    The Lord Of The Rings.
    Would appear under L instead
    Lord Of The Rings

The weird thing is you have the titles residing like i do (on the comp or direct attach to an external through usb) & not remotely.Only other things that come to mind is an issue with the install of wmp or possibly a hard drive block issue,in which case a disk scan is required to see if any bad blocks arise,what's really f'd up is you mention different letter titles won't appear & not the same ones each time