1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selected songs into single CD help pls?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ozrookie, Oct 19, 2004.

1. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Hi guys,

I got alot of cd's...what i want to do is select the best songs from each cd and put it on a single disc.
    So what is the best way or best software i can use???
    By the way once i select all the good songs, i also want to convert it into mp3 or WMA...so once againg what are my options?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

1) download AudioGrabber and the Lame encoder from here they are FREE :-

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/audiocatalyst.html

2) Rip them Cd's to your Hd and select the ones you want to keep -- trash the one you dont want.

3) Get a good Sound Editor such as Audacity (It's Free also) : - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

4) Load each one in ... remove the dead spot at the end and sometimes at the beginning -- make minor corrections such as Normalise in Effects

5) Click File -- Export as Mp3 (It's Near Cd Quality 128kbps).

You are done.

If you want to burn your own disc -- keep either the Mp3 you have done or the Wave files you have ripped depending on what you are gonna use to play back -- and what it support.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2004
  3. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Rip them Cd's to your Hd and select the ones you want to keep -- trash the one you dont want.
    Can you just choose which one to put int the HD rather then you have to rip the whole CD?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Help yourself a bit -- get Audiograbber and look at it ! -- It's gonna answer your question.

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

ozrookie,

You should know by now that multiposting is against forum rules. let's not have it happen again.

7. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Sorry i didn't know that i offence so many ppl.
    I won't do that anymore it won't happen again.

Anyway i was able to convert mp3 to WMA files, i just need to ask with JetAudio u can set the WMA 64kbps- 192bps...what is the diff...will the sound be better if i set it at the max which is 192kbs????
    Also my CD-tuner able to read WMA v.2/v.8 and JetAudio only support v.7 and v.9 will there be any probs after converting????

Thanks and sorri once again for double posts!