1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selecting Speed Problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by downsince, Mar 20, 2007.

1. downsince

downsince Member

I have come to the last stage to burn a DVD with Nero but seem to have ran into a bit of a problem? when I go to select the recording settings to burn the DVD the only speed option I have is the following 2x,& 1x why does this not show an higher speed like 4x or 8x? I have tried to going to the drive speed option in Nero but the read speed (DVD) showing blank and can’t change this as the box is not active surly this is not right? Appreciate any help on this on how to create a higher peed settings with Nero.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

1. could be your drive not recognizing your blank media .....
    2. could be Nero not recognizing your media ....
    3. could be your media!

what do you see in common there? MEDIA! The media will determine what write speed you will see in the speed selection and how it will be recognized by the drive and the program. That's why using quality media is important. Stick to the MIJ rule (Made In Japan).Look for the MIJ on the label of the box of spindle (Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, and some Fuji)... the only exception to this rule is Verbatim, which is top notch media but made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only non MIJs I will use. Using quality media will be easier for your drive and programs to recognize the media and act accordingly.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Do you have a blank disc in the drive when you try to set the speed?

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Duhhh........ of course I forgot to mention that the disk must be in the drive to be recognized! gezzzzzzz must be old age! LOL thanks Garmoon.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@IHoe

Between us geezers, we have half a mind! LOL

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@garmoon........ and we throw around our 2 cents like it's a million dollars, don't we!? LOL

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You betcha! IHoe