1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self-registration error while installing WinDVD Creator 2

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by r1100s, Dec 2, 2004.

1. r1100s

r1100s Member

Hi all, I'm brand new here. I'm hoping that one of you very knowledgeable people can help me with my problem.

I've been trying for a week to install the WinDVD Creator 2 that came with my BenQ burner. Everytime I try to install, I get "Self-registration error, one or more files did not properly self-register. A bunch of dll's are listed.

I've tried to get help from Intervideo.com, which I've read is a joke. Needless to say, I haven't heard back.

When I try to manually register the dll's using regsrv32 I get another error, "return code 0x80040154".

I'm running Win98se, and I updated to DirectX 9. I tried running Depends.exe but I really don't understand what I'm seeing. It seems to me that I'm missing a dll (primosdk.dll), but I can't find it for free on the net.

Funny thing is, I tried installing WinDVD Creator 2 on an old P233 MMX computer running the same version of windows, and it runs. I started goofing around with a dvd project, and I kinda like how the software works.

Please, if anyone has had a similar problem let me know how you resolved it.

Thanks in advance....

2. r1100s

r1100s Member

I was able to resolve this problem.

If anyone else has the same problem I suggest that you manually register atl.dll before installing WinDVD Creator 2.

3. r1100s

r1100s Member

I was able to resolve this problem.

If anyone else has the same problem I suggest that you manually register atl.dll before installing WinDVD Creator 2.

To do so, open the Run window and paste:
    regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Atl.DLL

Software installed successfully afterwards.