1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serial ATA devices

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by catsrus, Jan 14, 2007.

1. catsrus

catsrus Guest

Hi all, hope someone can help, any computer wiz who knows about SATA devices?
    This is the first time I have used Serial ATA devices and I am having mega problems.

Upgraded motherboard to MSU K9N SLI Platinum which when I received it I found it had only 1 IDE connector.

Problem 1 I have 2 hard drives and 2 DVD writers. I thought i had solved it when i found on e-bay IDE convertors which slot into the back of the drives to change my dvds and hard drives to accomodate ATA cables.

Problem 2, They either dont appear to work or I cannot get the configaration right.

Can somebody point out what i should be doing to resolve this matter, been through the manual trying all different setups.

Would it make any difference if i take out the jumpers on the drives and dvd roms? or is it all in the BIOS?

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

- Could be bios setting under the devices.
    - Yes take the jumpers out they arent required for SATA.
    - lastly, i would say if you have SATA then i would say maybe look into replacing burners and hard drives. That way you can get the full benefit of performance and speed from SATA.

3. catsrus

catsrus Guest

Tried various combinations with the bios settings and cant get it to work.

Tried setting up just the main hard drive on its own, and still nothing in the bios.
    Message i got when it came out of the bios was " DETECTING ARRAY ", this was with the nvidia raid enabled, then next message was
    " DHCP...../," then next message was "MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE, REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE.

When i disabled the raid in the bios all i got was " DHCP...../ " and it just hung up.

Is there anybody running sata can help me?????