1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SERIOUS HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jonas7, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Jonas7

Jonas7 Member

OK, i need some serious help! REWARD FOR FIRST PERSON WHO MANAGES TO FIX THE PROBLEM! LOL

ive had pixelation, skipping and freezing during nearly all of dvds ive backed up. ive tried various media, various programs and various ways of making the dvd, but had only a few that work.

Media ive used (all dvd-r)...infiniti 4x, red datawrite 4x, orange overprints grade A media 4x, bulkpaq orange 4x, tdk 4x, ritek 4x printable. i thought id cracked it using infiniti as i borrowed 3 blanks off my mate and they worked perfectly on my ps2, but i just bought a pack of 25 and the first 3 ive used have this problem!!

Ive also used 'dvdxcopy xpress' and 'dvd shrink 3.1.4 >> nero'

These discs work in a standalone dvd player i have at home no probs, but its my sisters, so i cant obviusly use that all the time! i have a ps2 and so do my mates, and about 5 out of 20 discs have worked perfectly, but the rest skip / pixelate towards the end of them film. I must have made about 10 attempts for 2 fast 2 furious, none work! :(

Ive also upgraded the firmware on my writer, its a BTC 1004. Ive closed down all running apps in the background, such as anti-virus, internet etc, and i leave my computer alone whilst its copying, so i dont 'disturb' it!! Spec is 2.4 processor, 512ram etc so its not like my computer cant cope!

So wot can i do, if they work in my sisters player but not in my ps2, it cant be the discs surely? especially when ive tried so many :(

Any help, i would be more than grateful for!

SOMEONE MUST HAVE THE ANSWER TO THIS COMMON PROBLEM????? sorry ive written so much, but loads of people have had this problem, and ive tried loads of things, so i need to describe wot ive done so it saves people from asking me to try sumthing ive already done ;)

Thanks in advance

Jonas

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Jonas, You have tried quite a few different things. I see your media is all 4x speed. Since PS2's are somewhat picky, try burning at 2x to see if that helps. Also if you are using any labels, remove them and stop using them. They cause that type of problem. Last,, You will shorten the life of your PS2 by playing too many movies on it. I know it says you can do this, but you would be better off buying a cheap dvd player for movies. There is another forum section on here for game systems you should check out. It might help you too. Also are you sure your PS2 plays the type media you are using as in + or - media.
    Jerry