1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

serious problem with computer

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by new2this2, Nov 30, 2005.

1. new2this2

new2this2 Member

recently my computer rebooted by itself and when it loaded windows eveything was fine except for one thing. I dont have a desktop. All of my icons are gone and i cand even see the start menu. i think that i have a virus of some sort. all i can do is move the mouse around and look at it go around the screen wishing that it had something to click on. what can i do to fix this problem

2. -kemisti-

-kemisti- Active member

3. DFL

DFL Member

Sounds like you are infected with a virus, probably trojan.lodear, also known as Bagel. This virus deletes explorer, which is why you cannot see your icons. To get your icons back, temporarily until you can get rid of the virus, Ctrl + Alt + Del/Task Manager/File/New Task....type Explorer. You will need to go to Symantec's website and download the fix for the virus. Good luck.

4. -kemisti-

-kemisti- Active member

And after that I still recommend to post HjT-log that we can see if something is still left or something else to remove ;)