1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

serious problem with pc!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by matttess, Jul 23, 2007.

1. matttess

matttess Member

ok, my pc has just suddenly started freezing for no apparent reason.
    first of all when i open things like wmp etc or even youtube to watch vids and stuff it jams. the whole screen and mouse freezes and i have to reset. also happens when i open msn up and look at the main bit too long (20 seconds or so) and when i open my hotmail it also can possibly jam its really starting to get on my nerves.... at first i thought it could be a hardrive problem cos i heard creaking when i started pc up... but after re-formatting each of my 3 drives they all do the same. so it cant be them?? please help
    -- any help appreciated , - thanks.

2. matttess

matttess Member

also i have to disable javascript in firefox cos otherwise sites with ads and that will freeze my computer.... sad isn't it? lol

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

if you have formatted all your hard drives, reinstaled windows, and there is still a problem it must be hardware related, you may want to start swapping parts, or get a new pc

4. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

what is the temp of your computer, it may be overheating if its over 60c. if its not that i would suggest that it could also be ram. You can check this by downloading memtest and burning to a cd and booting it.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take a look at the cpu fan & heatsink assembly to see if is dusty or not.

6. matttess

matttess Member

im pretty sure my dad cleaned it out with a hoover lol. its strange, its not overheating. so i dont understand what could be causing it