1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious Problem with Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by bharatgr8, Jan 9, 2007.

1. bharatgr8

bharatgr8 Member

Hi guys,
    i m here to share my problem which has been outraging me since 2-3 days.
    I had 2 format my C: drive as i swapped the harddisks between 2 systems.The formatting thing went on successfully.I installed Zone Alarm and NAV 2003.
    Now the problem is, "when ever i try 2 work with windows explorer(like deleting some stuff or right clicking any file/folder), windows explorer gets struck for a few seconds and then comes back to normal state after which i dont face any problem.This happens only when i m connected 2 the internet.I face this problem almost everytime i try to do something in windows explorer when connected 2 net."
    I also made sure in Zone Alarm, that windows explorer should not access the net.I blocked the Windows Explorer from accessing the net.
    But the problem still prevails.
    Can any pls suggest me inorder to solve this problem.
    Thanking you,

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Most likely....NAV 2003. If your virus scanner is active it's going to scan any file or link you click on. Causing the system to "wait" for the scanner to finish before allowing you to proceed.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007