1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious Promblems With My Dvd Burner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by w2047, Aug 13, 2007.

1. w2047

w2047 Member

Okay after search after search I still can't fix my dvd burner. Promblem is that when i installed my new dvd burner, my speeds are incredibly slow. Like atleast close to an hour for a dvd. I already checked my DMA settings under device manager for primary and secondary, device 1 is showing current setting at PIO. I CAN NOT GET RID OF THIS FOR SOME REASON!! I even tried updating drivers, deleting my secondary ide everything and the settings are still PIO for current settings..Anyone with the correct knowledge please help because this is really bothering me.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What burner do you have, and how do you have it connected? Master or slave?

3. w2047

w2047 Member

ima post pics of how its setup inside my computer and everything

4. w2047

w2047 Member

right now its hooked up as slave because i have a cd burner also..but i did switch things around and just run the dvd burner on master and i still get the pio in device manager so i dont know wats going on

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Do you have it connected with an 80 wire/ 40 pin ribbon cable? That is the same type of cable your hard drive is connected to, and you need one like that for a DVD drive.

6. w2047

w2047 Member

maybe i have my belts mixed up because i took them out of my old computer.. so besically i cant have the same belt that you would use for and hardrive on an dvd burner? How can I tell the difference?

7. w2047

w2047 Member

ima just put my pc in the shop and have a tech guy take a look at it..this really sux