1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seriously need help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dvdplayah, Jul 7, 2005.

1. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

ok... ive posted on alot of forum sites... but not too many pple know whut there talking about... they give me programs that either just don't work... or im just too dumb to use them... now that could b a possiblity but i doubt it!!

ok.. my problem is

i have movies that i want to put on disc... i would perfer to put them on 4.7g dvdr discs.. as i spent alot of money on this dvd burner.. n havent been able to figure out how to use it's features only do whut could b done on a regular cd burner.... wich is burn vcd's and still not quite grasping that.. all i have been able to burn r the image files that have the bin/cue extension.. i got this one program that converts my avi,xvid movies into the bin/cue images. if anybody is wondering whut that is it's called d.i.k.o and it actually does convert into the bin and cue formats which can EASILY be bunred with nero... but i must have done somethin wrong with my conversion... cuz the bin file only turned out to b like 130mbs of a 769 movie... so obvioulsy it was my bad there.... (one problem)

second prollem is .. the avi to vcd converters ihave... never seem to work... iconvert them ... but then nero still says there not vcd compliant and has to run it thru it's encoder which brings the file size up quite a bit and it's not able to fit on cdr's and even if i do that overburn thign...it still dosn't get the whole movie on the disk...

so ihave pretty much chosen to stick witht those bin/cue files.. so if any body knows a torrent site.. that deals mostly with those please let me know.... or if any body has any usefull info.. on my situations... also please help me... any help will be greatly apprecieated!!!1 thanks in advance

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear dvdplayah,
    1) Have a DVD burner that doesn't seem to burn DVDs: try use something like Nero Info Tools to check the functions of your burner (e.g. burn dvd? speed? booktype?)
    2) Normally, if your DVD burner works, you can convert your avis with programs like VSO DivxToDVD into DVD compliant format, then burn with programs like Nero.
    3) For burning to vcd, you need to convert the avis into mpeg1 or .dat format. And yes, the size of the resulting file would normally be much bigger than that of the original avis.
    4) If burning to VCD is what you're stuck with, then you need programs that can split the mpegs for fitting onto more than one vcd.

3. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

ok... thank u thas pretty much whut i needed to know... like i have a shyt load of converter programs i even have easy video splitter program... it's jus none of them seem to work... or im jus doing somethin wrong with the configuration of them idon't know.... like i split a movie.. in two... that went fine.. but i tried burning the first half on one cdr... it burned find but there was no sound.... and with the dvdsanta program i used to convert and burn this movie... it converted and burned the movie... but the picture froze.. at the exact same spot everytime... but the sound kept playing for the whole movie..... soooooo i dunno like isaid if the programs im using r garbage.. or its just something i neglected to configure or what!!.. like i said the only things i have been able to burn with no hassle or problems were the bin/cue files... cuz all ido is right click on the cue. file and open with nero... and BAM it burns it rite away!!! i wish it where that easy with ALL movies and files!

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Sometimes you also need to be a little bit more patient and start things from step one. For example, try first to rip or burn a regular dvd movie to harddisk to see if you can rip or burn at all. Then try burn the movie from harddisk to dvd to see if everything is fine and compatible. Then move on to rip dvds into avis, split, join, convert etc.. If you can do this thing step by step and let us know the progress, then more people would be able to help re. any problems occurring.
    Best of Luck!

5. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

ok..step one worked fine... rippe'd two movies off of regular dvd's .. and burned them onto dvdr's... now if you can give me a good conversion program... the ones i have and tried didnt really work out for me... liek i used winavi to convert some avi's to vcd format....BUT.. when i put the mpeg into nero to burn it... it still ran it's encoding prosses which made the file bigger.. so couldnt burn it onto 1 cdr had to split it into two... so i got easy video splitter... split the movies into two parts.(cd1,cd2)... burned the first disc with nero... put it into my dvd player... no sound... video came up fine... but no sound.... so then i said fuccit... got dvd santa to convert them to dvd's.... conversion went fine.. took a long time tho... but i converted it to the vts_video thing... the .vob extension... burned it onto a dvdr.. put it in my dvdplayer..... JUST THE VIDEO... froze about 10 mins.. into the movie... but the audio kept playing... so.... as u can see... ive done the steps... but they still have not worked out for me.... so thas y im pretty much trying to stick with these bin/cue files... so iwas reading on other forums.. n someone mentioned a program called d.i.k.o wich converts avi's into bin/cue.. so i got it and converted them... BUT.. only 165mb's of themovie converted!!....sooo either im just extremely stupid when it comes to the movie burning process...or there r some options on those programs im not configuring properly! so if ANYONE!!! knows...the best way to use theprograms i mentioned please help me!! again thanks in advance!!

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

O.K, so it appears that your burner does burn DVDs. Now let us handle the avis. First of all, you need to know two things about avis:

1) Avi is sort of like a package name. The video and audio inside are in fact often encoded in a variety of different formats (e.g. Divx, Xvid). So in order to convert avis to dvd successfully, you need to have the corresponding codecs (for decoding and encoding). To play safe, download and install K-Lite Codec Pack (mega version, free) which comes with most (if not all) the codecs that you would ever need:
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

2) Downloaded avis often contain many errors which may not be visible on viewing, but would affect the success or failure of the conversion process. Now if your avis are not downloaded, forget about this. But if they are, then you need first use a tool to check and fix the errors. Try DivFix (again, free):
    http://divfix.maxeline.com/divfix.html
    Note however that fixing is not 100% guaranteed, and sometimes the program might backfire. So make sure to backup before fixing.

3) For converting avis to dvd compliant format, I use VSO DivxToDVD (free too):
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd.cfm

4) After installing K-Lite Codec Pack, and checking the avis for errors, try first to see if you get video and sound. Then convert with VSO, check for video and audio again, then burn with Nero to harddisk and check again. Then burn to DVD.

Please see if you could do it this time, and do post again if it still doesn't work.

Good luck!

7. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

eh man thanx alot for all of that i really apprecieate it all

but this k-lite codec pack sure wants me to uninstall alot of things on my computer... like all the other codec programs that i got on my computer... realtime... and my quicktime!!! should i really uninstall all of these??

8. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Yes, you need to uninstall the other codecs that you have such that they don't crash with one another. There's no need to worry 'cos K-Lite is the most comprehensive codec pack you can get, and it's very reliable. If you're still not convinced, check the list of the codecs included in the pack. You'll find all the codecs you already have and many many more.

9. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

ok thanx alot man.. i have been able to successfully burn movies thanx for all your help i really do apprecieate it..

10. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Glad to know!

Happy DVD burning!

11. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

ok.. i got another question now...

i downloaded a dvd movie... n it has the r00 r01 r02 etc. etc.

n i used zipgenious to umm.. extract the rar file... and it ccame out as a img file.... now the vso divx-dvd dosn't recognize that kind of file... i tried right clicking on it n open with nero.. cuz thats how i do the bin/cue ones... cuz there images also... but... it says... an error occured while trying to open.... the movie... so do u have any suggestions? thanx again for your help

12. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Wow, you sure go fast! Now what's the extension of the image file? If it's .iso, try use DVD Decrypter (free program downloadable from this site).

13. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

um i dont think there is an extention it jus says file type img!

14. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

15. Bawjawz

Bawjawz Guest

Why are you trying to burn VCDs with a DVD Burner? I use WINAVI a lot to convert XVID/DIVXs AVI/MPG etc to DVD format, then use Nero to copy the converted DVD VOB files and structure etc to DVDR. The resulting DVDs play in XBox also!!!!! Hope this helps.

16. Bawjawz

Bawjawz Guest

If I ever have problems with image files I usually use some form of virtual drive program like Daemon Tools or more recently Alcohol 120% All you need to do is mount the ISO/CUE image, then use copy programs to make hard copy to CD/DVD as the copying program treats the Virtual Drive like a real Disc.

Hey how long till im a senior member btw, lol.

17. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

scf_au

i got a question about the vso divx-dvd converter... umm a couple movies i tried converting only came out with a vts_01_1 and a vts_01_2
    and it don't have the video_ts,video_ts.bup, vts_01_0.bup or the vts_01_0 files and nero says it probably wont b a readable cd if i burn it!!! any suggestions!!!

18. Bawjawz

Bawjawz Guest

Use WINAVI for easiness, it creates all the required files and structure ready to burn to DVD from any video files I fling at it :)ASF, AVI, MPG, WMV you name it.

If all you have are vob files, it can be a bit messy but possible using IFO Edit from http://www.ifoedit.com/

Remember to buy a large box of paracetamol for the headaches though :(

19. dvdplayah

dvdplayah Guest

im jus wondering why all of a sudden it started doing it .. ive been converting movies no problem.. it's just the last few i tried!!!

20. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I have never come across this with VSO myself --- either it converts or it doesn't, never partially as in your case. You may try winavi as Bawjawz suggested to see if it's better.

BTW, did you check and fix errors before converting?