1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seriousproblems with computer -HELP!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mowner, Oct 2, 2004.

1. mowner

mowner Guest

hello all
    i am having a problem with my computer i got a computer from where i have p2p it s my main computer i use it for gaming and all... now its been like 2 days that im having very serious troubles when i open a p2p ( emule or direct connec) after like 5 minutes the screen becomes blue and theres something written ... well a lot of things they say To prevent damage to ur computer windows gonna restart then it restarts i dont know why but only when i use a p2p it fusks up then i thoought it was a virus. Then i go to drive C i see a file ndetect and another file NTLDR i deleted them bcuz i thought they were viruses (im so fusking stupid) i restarted my computer just for nothing and then it couldint enter windows it says in a black screen (from the boot) NTLDR missing press ctrl alt del to restart
    i did ctrl alt del it restarted then it did the same thing NTLDR missing press ctrl alt del
    sO finally idecided to format my computer ... i inserted the win xp cd and pressed reset it booted thenn i chose to install winxp after.. it said windows cannot find a hard disk and said many thing at the bottom it said Setup cannot continue press F3 to quit ..
    im very angry i cant even format my computer WTF i shOULD DO!! please i need help ... actually im using my laptop to acces internet.. here's my the spec of the computer with problem:
    amd athlon 64 2800
    1024 mb memory
    winxp SP2
    maxtor 120 gb hdd( the problem is here cuz i cannot format windows isint detecting harddisk to install)
    and other specs are just below ( in the signature field) HELP PLEASE THANk you all

2. cgram7

cgram7 Member

I get the same "bluescreen" when i OC a little too high.
    Anyway, did you change the boot priority to boot first from CD.also look in BIOS, do you see HDD listed?

3. mowner

mowner Guest

this is problem i would some much love to format the pc but the xp setup doesint recognize the HDD i not really a computer pro but i can go to BIOS :). Well actually i got to bios and i see PRIMARY IDE MASTER : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-7 (i think is is my dvd writer)
    in PRIMARY IDE SLAVE : NOT DETECTED
    SECONDARY MASTER : NOT DETECTED
    SCCONDARY SLAVE : NOT DETECTED

lol im not sure if it is if the word scondary IS SCONDARY i think i remeber this ;)
    hope some1 responds. thnx all. by the way the mother board is a asus KV8
    hmm forgot something when i the problem began i did set to boot from CD cuz i wanted to format. but it was set to hdd b4 and when it tries to boot from hdd it sats NTLDR MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DEL TO RESTART. thnx all
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]amd athlon 64 2800
    ati radeon 9800 XT 256 mb
    pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107D
    1 GB 3200 mb samsung 400 mhz
    512/128 adsl internet connection[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2004
  4. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

hi dude the same thing happen to me i was installing a hardware on my case when i boot it said ntldr missing i just reset the bios and winxp boot normally. about that blue screen in winxp any version is due to incompatibility with hardware or software if ahppens try to boot your win in safe mode and uninstall the prog you installed before the blue screen or hardware.

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

try disconnecting your dvd writer.

6. CJC

CJC Regular member

I take it you are running a SATA hard drive, hence the Burner being Primary Master.

When you go to install XP, when u boot from the CD it will say down the bottom, Press F-something if you need 3rd Party Drivers, or something like that.

Since you are running SATA, you need to select that opinion, otherwise it wont see your Hard Drive.

Those 2 files that you deleted are important files.

CJC

7. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004