1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server problems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nixit, Feb 23, 2005.

1. nixit

nixit Guest

i have problems with my emails. i use microseft outlook and when i click on send/receive i alwys get this error message:

report error (0x800CCC0F): the connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrtor or internet service provider (ISP)!

is ther a way to solve the problem without contacting the internet service provider?

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Can't you view error details, sometimes that helps to figureout what to fix by yourself. I don't know what the codes are. You could try a search engine.

3. nixit

nixit Guest

yeah thats a good idea thx!

4. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Bet you have Norton Internet Security on your machine ! Norton Antivirus has a timeout option which decideds that it will disconnect you from talking to your server and by the time your PC has tried, norton has cancelled the connection.

If that is the case, try turning off the timeout feature.

5. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Either that or the latest version of AVG can cause this, I know many people have had similar problems with grisoft mail filters

6. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

If your using AVG antirvirus and outlook express you don't want to have the e-mail scanner installed. If you don't beleive me Grisoft site says this. Outlook express was included in the core of the program and doesn't need the e-mail scanner. It actually better to uninstall it.