1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Pack 2 Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by batboy, Mar 21, 2005.

1. batboy

batboy Member

I was wondering how many of you have installed XP service pack 2 yet. I remember when it first came out alot of you posted having problems with it interfering with your backing up disks. That kept me from installing it. Just wondering if the newer dvd decrypter and shrink combo still has issues with it.
    What is everyone's recomendation?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have installed it with no problems, but if you are not having any issues with your computer right now there really is no need. So if you are worried about it at all don't bother with doing the update.

3. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

I installed SP2 as soon as it came out just to keep my o/s up to date really. I've had no problems with it at all. If you do install it and have any trouble with it the option is there to uninstall it from the Add/Remove in control panel.

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I belive the majority of users have no problems. An unfortunate few will always have problems with updates. I have SP2 updates on two computers and have no problems.

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

By now, any programs that are incompatible with this update have their own downloads to fix this. I had an issue with nero. I immediately went to their website and wouldn't you know it, they already had a fix.
    Like bbmayo said, if your system is fine and you are worried about problems don't install it.

6. batboy

batboy Member

Thanks for the reply guys. Guess I'll hang in there for a while before updating windows. I appreciate all of your input. I don't post many questions here because I can find most of the answers posted or archived by using the search. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.