1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SERVICE REQUIRED !!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by attaf15, Oct 1, 2005.

1. attaf15

attaf15 Member

when i tried to softmod my xbox using Ltool....wen i pressed on the linux on the splinter cell game it was loading the softmod and all of a sudden a black screen came up with chinese writing and also said SERVICE REQUIRED CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!!!!! i need helppp

2. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

OK, looking at the top left of that screen there should be a Number from "00" to "21". What is that Number?

3. attaf15

attaf15 Member

i think it was 21...i cant check rite now becuse i gave it to a friend to see whats the problem with it....what happens by knowing the number on the top left of the screen??

4. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

5. Tech12

Tech12 Guest

i have the same problem how can i fix it

6. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

If you have BoxPlorer You'll need to have a moded XBOX™ to run it! you can use it to fire up a UpdateDash.xbe On your XBOX™ that should reinstall your MSDash and make your 'Error 21' problems go away...

7. mx710

mx710 Member

I have the same problem but i have no dashboards anymore i can run games but i cannot reinstall my modded dash because it says i need an update.xbe, i am gonna try to see if i can FTP into my xbox in Itools(which i really dont think will work) please does anybody know how to fix this problem i have no dashboards!!!

8. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Do you have any of the GSH Game Disc's? and GSH is Game Save Hacks! If so you may already have the GSH on your XBOX™. If not you can try to FTP back into your XBOX™ granted that you either:

a) Have a Modchip that has a seperate 'ChipOS' on it like the X³, SmarXX or Xenium. etc.

b) You have the X² 4978.03 Firmware Image installed on your Modchip, which has / had a Beta FTP client tacked on to it. A good alturnitve for those who do not have a 4th Gen. LCD Supporting Modchip(s) in our XBOX's™.

In anycase get the GSH to your E:\ Partition (check the Readme that came with your GSH),. Insert your Original Game Disc!! and let it load up. this should totaly bypass the need to boot the Dashboard. Choose the Load a Game Option and then Run Linux. This will cause you to get back into EvoX, which will then allow you to regain FTP access agian.

Now you can either Run BoxPlorer if you have it! Or install it from #xbins, and then run it, change the Directory to the D:\ Partitiion (e.g. the DVD-ROM Drive!),. Locate and execute the 'UpdateDash.xbe' File and you should see a Progress Bar zap by. when it's done IIRC the XBOX™ should then reboot. The XBOX™ should then have whatever version of the Dashborad avalible that came with that XBL!™ Game Disc...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  9. mx710

mx710 Member

O i guess i didnt explain i have a softmod and i tried running the linux again and it says i need a certain dash of update.xbe i dont know were to get either one though

10. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

AFAIK; EvoX should be already Hardcoded in your GSH all you'd normaly have to do is to insert the Game Disc. It must be an Original for it to work! Into your XBOX™ let it load up and choose to load the GSH that you should have copied to the E: Partition of your HDD. If you delated that GSH than tough luck, welcom to your new Modchip!

11. xtanmanx

xtanmanx Member

if all else fails, some of the newer Signed games have an option to update the M$ dash. after doing that, you should be able to load your softmod. borrow a game from a friend...or buy a used copy at a game store and return it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  12. fsu9506

fsu9506 Member

what do you mean the newer "signed" games? and how do u do it?

13. xtanmanx

xtanmanx Member

a "signed" game is and retail xbox game. i havent had to do it, but i hear its an option for XBL gameplay. look at xbox scene there alot more information there.

14. Tech12

Tech12 Guest

what if u are getting this message and ur box aint hacked

15. SparksOo

SparksOo Guest

Ok, old forum, I get it, but here is my problem.
    I get the service error, code 7 which means its timeout problem with my hard drive that cannot be fixed as I can think of.
    So I bought a new blank hard drive and now im trying to think of a way to get a working dashboard onto it so I dont get that damn service required error.
    I have heard random things about games that have it on there, so what do I do.

16. mx710

mx710 Member

Error 16 (no clock) help please,could i just stick my harddrive in my friends chipped box and then could he fix it from there?

17. SparksOo

SparksOo Guest

Dude, read up on error 16 as in the abve link on this forum, itll tell you how, but I still have my problem.

18. mx710

mx710 Member

hmm i dont know much about harddrives but i could ask my friend for you but he is in mexico so i have to wait to fix my problem for when he gets back so some one will probably come across this forum and tell you what to do

19. xtanmanx

xtanmanx Member

20. SparksOo

SparksOo Guest

dude, you freakin noob, dont be spreadin links about other sites, this one is just fine.

*sits and hates noobs*

*wait, I am a noob* ;)