1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set Up G Drive for a 500 GB drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dm_graham, Feb 21, 2010.

1. dm_graham

dm_graham Member

I have a soft modded xbox with a unleash x dash. When I initially soft modded my xbox I installed a 500 GB drive to preload my games to the hard drive. I have read that if you have over a certain size hard drive you need the G drive enabled. I have tried to enable this drive through the dash and even format it, but after I have its not showing on the main dash screen. So what I am wondering is whether there is something that I am missing. Is there a way to allocate this additional space to the G drive or is this automatically done somehow?

Also, I have my drive filled with about 190 GB free left on the F Drive, but when I try to put anything else on there none of the files transfer to the drive regardless of whether I use dvd2xbox or Qwix to ftp the games to the xbox. How would I go about fixing this issue?

Input in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

I remember vaguely about if you had and hdd over 137 gigs you would have to partition it to use anything over that. I think there was an app for that floating around on xbins.