1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting burning speeds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clud, Apr 11, 2005.

1. clud

clud Member

hi everybody. ive had no end of problems burning dvd-r most of them due to my burning speeds. im using nero vision express but cant get the speed down to 1x is there a way to do this. also the same problem with dvd shrink although the last disc i wrote was 4x and played loads better but with some joggy frames now and again. any help would be great.

2. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Need more information.

FILE INFORMATION

What are your PC's specs ?

Where did the files you're working with come from ?
    Are you ripping an original DVD ?
    Are you trying to copy a copy ?

Are these downloaded files ?
    What format are they in, RAR, Bin/Cue, AVI, VCD, SVCD, MPEG2, DVR, WMV, MPEG 2 DVD compatible, ISO or VOB's ?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

One more important question to add.

What is the brand of your DVD media (blank disk's)?

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

[bold]most[/bold] important question.

I have never had to burn slower than 2x on my worst media. If 2x won't burn a good backup then I doubt 1x will help. Most burns at 4x and some at 8x with premium media.

I'm with bbmayo, try different good quality media. Stay away from memorex and retail store brand name media.

5. clud

clud Member

hi.
    ive been trying to burn avi's and ive used dvd shrink to copy an original dvd which worked pretty well. i managed to get the speed down to 2x using nero vision express. i have also used neo dvd plus5
    which has worked with a handfull of films although most were very blocky and not very smooth. regarding media i have been using-packard bell dvdr 1-4x and maxwell dvd-r 1-4x. i must have wasted over 30 discs easily. the most annoying thing is not being able to change the speed i burn at. when i set it to 1x without a dvd in the tray as soon as i put a disc in it sets it to maximum.thanks in advance for any help.