1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting color temp perfectly? help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Xenokai, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

I have the Westinghouse 32" (SK-32H520S) After trying 5 tvs this model was the best in my price range and i have it set pretty good using the THX program and the preset modes where all way off and overly green ive managed to fix that with using manual color temp. Only problem i think im seeing is sometimes the reds seem a bit pinkish and sometime light blues seem purpleish Not 100% sure what is causing this. My whites are white and my blacks are black so it not a problem with my white and blacks the hue setting only seems to affrect skin tone. Any idea?

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

That's probably just the way it is. Even some of the high end models do not always have perfect color accuracy.

Here's an interesting quote from Cnet reviews.

For those who can spare no expense, the Panasonic TH-42PZ700U plasma offers the best picture quality in its size class.

But we also see this:

The bad: Expensive; too small to exhibit benefits of 1080p; slightly inaccurate color temperature; primary color of green skewed toward yellow.

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

hmm ok thxs for te info. It prob exsplains why i cant get it just right manually. I can get either a bit greenish to yellow or get purple to some greys