1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SETTINGS

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by johno8, Aug 15, 2007.

1. johno8

johno8 Member

hi how do i modify the settings of my computer or nero7 to make it compatible with the current disc i want to burn on. iam using DVD_R
    nero keeps asking for DVD+R/RW
    THANKS JOHNO

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Basically you cant , your burner only accepts the +R or +RW format...you will have to buy + discs.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You could try a firmware update to see if it will allow compatibility with dvd-r for your drive.

Btw, hi Gwen, glad to see you're still alive and kicking in these forums, lol :)

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Didn’t think you could do that? If your drive only burns the + updating the firmware wont make it burn the - ? Will it I might be wrong

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Firmware is basically software which tells your burner how to write the information to the disc. If specific media code write strategies are included in the firmware then your burner will use those to write the disc, otherwise it'll revert back to a default write strategy. However, that strategy will not work for all discs. Updating the firmware could enable support for them.

It depends whether or not new write strategies for that media have been included in the firmware update. Without having a look at the list of included media codes I couldn't tell you. What model is your drive? If it's quite old then updating the firmware probably will have no effect. Also we can tell you whether or not your drive does infact originally support dvd-r.

6. johno8

johno8 Member

HI I HAVE A DELL DIMENSIONS 9200 TWO DRIVES
    cdrwdvd
    dvd+-rw
    i also have a problum with nero 7 in that just installed nero 7 from nero 6 and when i try to copy on the fly & with nero burning rom i get a message saying ( unexpected exception) & then nero shuts down, but i can copy programmes etc with no trouble on -r it just wont copy dvds
    thanks for any help johno